Aircraft Pilot Vehicle Integration Engineer Senior Staff Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
LS44VF:GVL FTO (OS Benefits)
Systems Engineering: System of Systems Integration
Bethesda, MD 20817, US
FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week
• Participate in multi-functional group PVI meetings to provide technical guidance for achieving optimum functional cockpit configuration
• Mentor KF-X Cockpit Design team on PVI design and implementation beginning at aircraft Conceptual Design Review (CDR), approaching integration, ground and flight test.
• Provide technical assistance in defining, clarifying and implementing required display symbology for the Multi-functional Displays (MFD), Heads-Up Display (HUD) and Helmet Mounted Display (HMD) as related to PVI
• Support development of hardware/PVI system test procedure and risk analysis
• Support ground testing of cockpit Line Replaceable Unit (LRU) system functionality
• Analysis of pilot workload and human system integration, to include anthropometrics and human factors
• Desired support in Pilot Flight Equipment (PFE) for ejection seat system
The successful candidate will deploy from their current location and will provide technical advice to include training, guidance, support, and development assistance to KAI engineers while guiding detail development through the appropriate application of analysis methodologies, ground test, and flight test to achieve a design solution that meets customer needs. In addition to strong technical skills the candidate should have a track record of success working in diverse groups where attention to the customer is paramount.
Overall tasks shall include, but not be limited to, providing subject matter guidance, training and mentoring to the customer engineers. Upon selection, the candidate will receive details of the long-term benefits package associated with this international assignment.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Candidate must be able to relocate to Korea.
• 7+ years of experience in aircraft system integration
• Background in pilot vehicle interface design, development, and integration
• Design verification, qualification testing, or production
• Experience with human factors engineering or pilot work load analysis
• Experience interfacing with customers and subcontractors
• Experience with proposal technical leadership
• Experience with military or government programs
• Experience with Export Control Compliance
• Experienced tactical fighter aircraft pilot desired
• Experience working on a Fighter aircraft platform
• Strong knowledge in Pilot Flight Equipment
• Experience in mentoring and training other engineers
• Experience with Escape Systems, ejection seat and canopy jettison mechanization
• Experience authoring technical publications and editing change requests, flight manuals, pilot guides or avionics change descriptions
• Strong Organizational Skills
• Experience overseeing multiple tasks simultaneously to identify and resolve conflicts and issues
• Experience with cross-functional communications and working on diverse engineering teams
Who We Are
At Lockheed Martin, veterans are at the center of everything we do — in fact, one in five of our employees has served in uniform. We are proud to help men and women like you successfully transition into civilian careers. Join us and you will find opportunities to take on the same kind of long-term challenging assignments you tackled while in the military.
Learn more at https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/military