Construction Engineer (early career level) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
88A1A00:Facilities Plng & Proj Implmen
Littleton, CO 80125, US
9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you passionate about making a difference? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can apply your expertise to a very important mission? We are a stellar company that will be putting astronauts on Mars, creating 3D printed satellites, launching payloads that learn in orbit, and developing national defense systems. Come, join our Facilities team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach – and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Our facility in Littleton, CO has an immediate opportunity for an early career Construction Engineer to join our mission. In this role, you will work on projects that will vary from very simple with low complexity tenant finish to higher technical specialized laboratories and unique testing chambers.
What will this role typically involve?
• You will plan, oversee, and manage all aspects during the construction implementation process for new or expanded facilities, equipment installations, area refurbishments, and infrastructure upgrades
• You will prepare construction functional studies, construction plans, and schedules
• You will assist with obtaining and supervising outside contractors
• You will partner with project management to supervises the detailed design, budgetary costing, construction, and final inspection of facility projects
• You will conduct construction field site inspection to ensure adherence to contractual requirements and safety plans
• You will work closely with in-house architectural/engineering design staff as well as outside consultants
• You will lead communication and coordination efforts with internal Lockheed Martin Programs to ensure contractor success in project delivery
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 2 -5 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Benefits you can enjoy include:
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
• Familiarity with OSHA regulations
• Demonstrated knowledge of architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire system installations
• Familiarity with preparing and evaluating cost estimates and project schedules at various stages of project maturity from preliminary concept to construction bids
• Experience directing and managing outside contractors and venders throughout all phases of the construction process for projects
• Proficient interpretation of company standards and jurisdictional requirements as they apply to design plans and specifications
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Power Point, Excel, Word
• Proficient with MS Project or similar scheduling tool
• 3-4 years construction project management
• Prior risk management/assessment experience required
• Proficient interpretation of design drawings with company standards and specifications applicable for all State and County building agencies in support of permitting construction
• Shown experience in tenant improvement
• Value Engineering and solution-based input to difficult technical issues
• Experience or schooling in Engineering discipline, PMP or LEED certifications, or recent LEAN Construction project development examples
• Interpret facility engineering design standards/produced drawings, building codes, specifications, studies and cost estimates for a variety of facilities building types, including offices, laboratories, aerospace assembly and test operations, and cleanrooms
• Experience directing and managing outside contractors and venders throughout all phases of the construction process for projects from $5K to $3.5M
• Motivated self-starter with excellent interpersonal customer skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills for multi-tasking several projects concurrently
Who We Are
<div style="text-align: justify;">At Lockheed Martin, veterans are at the center of everything we do — in fact, one in five of our employees has served in uniform. We are proud to help men and women like you successfully transition into civilian careers. Join us and you will find opportunities to take on the same kind of long-term challenging assignments you tackled while in the military.</div>