Digital Communications Systems Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Littleton, CO 80125, US
9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies?
Come join the Lockheed Martin Space RF Center of Excellence and shape the future! You can work on challenging programs in support of Space Vehicles, Hypersonics, Missile Defense and more.
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin (LM) Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus, and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies?
As a Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer with LM Space you would develop RF payload solutions for Space and Missile platforms. You’ll work with RF from the MHz range all the way up through Optical systems. RF payloads and subsystems are needed for every platform and serve missions ranging from human space flight, commercial broadband services, national intelligence, protected communications, navigation and more. Our product portfolio includes a wide range of international and domestic programs, addressing the critical needs of our commercial, civil, and government customers.
You will contribute to the design and development of high reliability RF components, subsystems, and payloads for Space and missile platforms. You may perform requirements analysis and decomposition, develop specifications, perform architectural and product trade analyses, execute detailed implementation, validate performance, and certify a deliverable product. You may also support proposals and new business opportunities.
The RF Engineer position emphasizes ‘systems thinking’ throughout the lifecycle of payloads, subsystems, and RF components. To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin nurtures an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
• RF circuit analysis, using tools such as Altium, Agilent ADS, Ansys HFSS, AWR Microwave Office, or similar tool packages.
• Antenna design and analysis, using tools such as GRASP, HFSS, CST Microwave Studio, WIPL-D, FEKO, or similar tool packages
• RF payload architecture and performance analysis
• Requirements analysis, decomposition and flow down of RF payloads
• Integration & Test of RF components, payloads, and/or subsystems
• Supporting Launch and On-Orbit Operations of RF payloads and/or subsystems
• Communication Security (COMSEC) and Transmission Security (TRANSEC) Hardware
• Radar systems
• Electronic Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) and/or Special Test Equipment (STE)
• Network architecture
• Data Object Oriented Requirements (DOORS) traceability tool
• RF Systems Architecture, including mission analysis/CONOPS/DITL development
• Ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
• Designing active components, such as LNAs, hybrids, LTWTAs, SSPAs, Oscillators, frequency converters, etc.
• Designing transmitters, receivers, etc.
• Designing antennas and/or feed networks, such as reflectors, waveguide components, horns, helices, phased arrays, etc.
• Architecture, integration, and test of Electronically Steerable Arrays (ESA)
• Architecture, integration, and test of Radar systems
• Architecture, mission analysis, and design of end-to-end RF satellite systems, including constellation, space vehicle, payload, and MM/C2/mission processing elements
• Architecture, integration, and test of RF and/or digital payloads
• Architecture, integration, and test of TT&C subsystems
• Architecture, integration, and test of missile communications subsystems
• Development of Analog/Digital interfaces
• Certification and training as Certified Principal Engineer (CPE), Responsible Engineer, or equivalent
• RF and/or digital payload performance analysis using MATLAB or similar tools
• RF and/or digital payload test measurement techniques
• National Security Agency (NSA) certifications of Crypto hardware
• National Space Agency (NSA) deliverables, including System Key Management Plan (SKMP)
• TEMPEST Characterizations
• Proven ability to develop and analyze technical requirements, perform trade studies, conduct major design reviews (e.g. PDR, CDR, etc.).
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with customers, management, and peers. Ability to write technical sections of customer requests for information (RFIs) or proposals, including developing presentations to describe the technical approach in a clear manner.
• Active TS/SCI w/ CI Poly
Who We Are
<div style="text-align: justify;">At Lockheed Martin, veterans are at the center of everything we do — in fact, one in five of our employees has served in uniform. We are proud to help men and women like you successfully transition into civilian careers. Join us and you will find opportunities to take on the same kind of long-term challenging assignments you tackled while in the military.</div>