Field Technician / ACNT / AEGIS Modernization / Norfolk, VA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Rotary and Mission Systems
L05O20:Global Sustain-VA Beach
Systems Engineering: System of Systems Integration
Norfolk, VA 23511, US
TEMPO: 5X8 - 5 days/wk 8 hrs/day (Flex & Rigid)
Will perform duties as an AEGIS Computer Network Technician (ACNT) providing Computer and Display Systems maintenance support aboard AEGIS Destroyers and AEGIS Cruisers as a Team Member on the AEGIS Modernization Team (AMT) - East based in Norfolk, VA. Selected applicant will directly interface with Government, Ship Repair, Various Contractor Organizations, and ships company to provide effective and timely reconciliation of hardware, software, and network challenges and provide training to ships force on the operation and maintenance of new baseline Aegis equipment. Position requires shift work, brief at-sea periods and periodic travel supporting assessments, fleet emergent requirements and equipment installation events and issues.
- Experience with testing of fiber optics cables
- Working knowledge of Ethernet LAN technology
- Thorough understanding of US Navy preventive and corrective maintenance and proficiency in reading technical documents.
- Familiarity with hardware, software, network test equipment used to evaluate and correct operational failures (i.e. fiber optic testers, multimeter's, o-scopes)
-Experience in AEGIS Combat Systems as an AEGIS Computer / Display / ACNT technician with a thorough understanding of Baseline 6.3, 7.1, 7.1R, ACB08, and/or BL9; and/or applicable training in other military services.
-Travel may be required up to 50 percent of the time.
- Must be in physical condition to support embarkation on U.S. Navy ship underway for short periods.
-Must be able to obtain & maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Ability to conduct fiber optic light loss measurements and troubleshoot fiber using approved Navy test equipment and procedures. Experience with building and testing fiber optics termini.
- Ability to understand LINUX/UNIX based program commands and local area network(LAN) theory
Who We Are
<div style="text-align: justify;">At Lockheed Martin, veterans are at the center of everything we do — in fact, one in five of our employees has served in uniform. We are proud to help men and women like you successfully transition into civilian careers. Join us and you will find opportunities to take on the same kind of long-term challenging assignments you tackled while in the military.</div>