Multi Functional Manufacturing Director Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
84V0A00:Prod Ops - PMC
Prod Ops PMC
Stennis Space Center, MS 39529, US
4X10A- 4 10 hr days Mon-Thurs; Fr/Sa/Su off
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing women and men are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture urges employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Our Operations organization is seeking a strategic Multi Functional Manufacturing Director at the Stennis Space Center in MS who will be responsible for overall Stennis and Michoud Manufacturing Centers meeting the integrated master schedules and coordination of manufacturing personnel across the Stennis/Michoud enterprise to ensure adherence to key program milestones and deliverables.
In this dynamic role, your areas of responsibility, accountability, and authority will include:
1) Lockheed Martin Stennis Site lead overseeing and maintaining Lockheed Martin’s internal and external employee relations which includes communications with LM management at various locations and business areas, excellent demographic and geopolitical external relationships with the local communities at Stennis, Michoud NASA, and the State of Mississippi
2) Overseeing manufacturing, integration and testing of Propulsion Sub-Systems, Multi-Layer Insulation (MLI blankets) for A2100 satellites and other similar spacecraft systems
3) Overseeing manufacturing at Michoud of the Orion Command Module and its associated elements for the Space Launch System. This includes Propulsion Sub-system work at the SSB in Denver, CO where interplanetary and Special Program spacecraft manufacturing is performed.
• Oversee day to day direction of deployed Production Leads. Retention, placement and tasking of the Propulsion and Thermal Supervision and Non-exempt labor force to support Production Leads/Manufacturing Center/ LOB (Line of Business)/ programs and producibility needs of the centers.
• Manage staffing requirements, planning job assignments and rotations, manage staff assessment and development, sustaining producibility capabilities and preservation of critical skills.
• Determine when to effectively introduce producibility and product/process improvements, Lean and 6-sigma implementation to improve the efficiency of the operation.
• Demonstrate Full Spectrum Leadership Behaviors.
• Chair status meetings with the intent of coordinating daily activities with support groups.
• Five to eight years of Leadership, Program/Project management experience in spacecraft or aerospace production line manufacturing techniques.
• Experience in Production flows/metrics and working with Non-exempt and Exempt salaried labor force concerns.
• Demonstrated Full Spectrum Leadership skills with a diverse workforce of exempt salary and touch labor.
• Familiarity with a variety of manufacturing concepts, practices, and procedures.
• US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain & maintain Top Secret clearance.
• Greenbelt certification
• Demonstrated presentation, written, and verbal skills to effectively communicate with other managers, directors, and customers to maintain a viable working relationship.
• Active Top Secret clearance.
Who We Are
<div style="text-align: justify;">At Lockheed Martin, veterans are at the center of everything we do — in fact, one in five of our employees has served in uniform. We are proud to help men and women like you successfully transition into civilian careers. Join us and you will find opportunities to take on the same kind of long-term challenging assignments you tackled while in the military.</div>