Procurement Engrg Mgr Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Rotary and Mission Systems
QA/Test and Inspection
Orlando, FL 32825, US
TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid)
Lockheed Martin is seeking a Procurement Quality Engineering Manager to lead the Training and Simulation Solutions Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA) team based at the RMS Orlando, FL site. This position requires up to 50% travel out of the assigned geographical area to support suppliers and customers across the United States and International locations. The position will require working flexible hours. The Procurement Quality Engineering Manager is responsible for the overall health and compliance of the Training and Simulation Solutions Market Segment’s key suppliers. This position is accountable for the deployment of best practices and assurance of consistency for supplier selection, management of supplier risk, proactive supplier audits, establishing appropriate monitoring tools and metrics (scorecards) to ensure that their products continue to meet or exceed acceptable performance thresholds in our ongoing drive towards zero defects within the RMS supply chain.
This position is instrumental in developing strategic plans to guide all key stakeholders toward common objectives and expectations in supplier quality management and continuous quality improvement initiatives. It will require an individual who has demonstrated the leadership capability to establish a successful comprehensive, cohesive system to drive quality maturity throughout RMS’ supply chain and grow suppliers as strategic product quality partners. It will serve as the leader role model for professional constructive communication with internal cross-functional teams supporting the Training and Simulation Solutions Market Segment as well as external suppliers and customers.
1. Ensure SQA strategies, release plans and subcontract strategies support development, design, production, deployment installation and sustainment requirements for Fighter Aircraft & Maritime Training, Land and Rotary Training Solutions and Global Training Services performance. Align SQA risk based strategies throughout all phases of the procurement value stream and process improvements.
2. This position plays a critical role for new or existing suppliers by providing key risk analysis modeling for pipeline reviews, subcontract reviews, PACs/TKOs, RBATs, PKOs/MRLs, design/technical solution/baseline reviews, start-up, development, transition to production, production and life-cycle support.
3. Manage and influence RFP activity, strategic supplier selection decisions SOWs/Specs, flow-down and acceptance plans to ensure alignment with requirements and total value to the business.
Key participation in leading proposal preparation, proposal pre-work and post award execution.
Evaluate, manage supply chain compliance of assigned procurements and subcontracts and ability to perform to the program’s specifications, quality, performance, schedule requirements and SDRLs.
4. Drive standardization to assure adequate QMS, process, capabilities and capacity in supply chain to meet requirements. Develop, train, and promote bench strength.
5. Serve as the lead LM point of contact to the Program IPT identifying and mitigating supplier risks, leading RCAs and providing creative solutions to problems.
6. Perform analysis and use data analytics to implement supplier countermeasures to drive performance and continuous improvements.
- Quality tools and process such as DFMEA, PFMEA, GageR&R, Cpk
- Must be able to lead and influence internal stakeholders and harmonize supplier selection, assessment, and monitoring processes across the lifecycle
- Full Mission (Pilot/Aircraft Maintenance) Training, Visual Display Systems performance
- Ground Tactical Vehicle & Maritime Simulation System Performance
- Familiarity with Avionic Systems, Flight Control, Fuel Systems Advanced Theory, Hydraulics, Landing Gear
- Technical degree in Engineering, Math, or Science.
- Experience leading a team consisting of technical individuals with diverse backgrounds
- Technical / Engineering Degree
- Procurement/Supplier Quality Engineering experience
- Ability to develop a vision for an organization and develop and implement tactical actions to achieve the vision
- Risk Management experience
- Process improvement / process control experience
- Experience with C-130, C-5, Fixed and Rotary Wing Platforms
- Program, Operations, or Quality experience
- Demonstrated ability to perform as Full Spectrum Leader
-Demonstrated ability to develop strong customer relationships
- Experience working complex projects from start to finish
- Demonstrated ability to work at all levels of the organization to identify and drive systemic root cause and corrective action utilizing quantitative, qualitative analytical data to influence key decisions
- Demonstrated quality science expertise in one or more of the following areas: Statistical process control, root cause analysis and corrective action validations, and supplier quality management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed for collaboration, communication, and presentations.
- High energy, self-starting, team player who achieves goals
- Experienced big picture thinker with proven project management skills
- Experience developing and executing innovation initiatives
- Black Belt, CQE or CMQOE certification
Who We Are
<div style="text-align: justify;">At Lockheed Martin, veterans are at the center of everything we do — in fact, one in five of our employees has served in uniform. We are proud to help men and women like you successfully transition into civilian careers. Join us and you will find opportunities to take on the same kind of long-term challenging assignments you tackled while in the military.</div>