Program Quality Engineer, Staff Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
8030A00:QA - Missile Programs
QA/Test and Inspection
Hypersonic Strike Programs
Englewood, CO 80112, US
9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2
The Program Quality Engineer (PQE) will support a new team to plan & execute a new portfolio HSP. You will be deployed to the Quality Assurance (QA) Engineering Associate Manager and work closely with both the QA team and the Integrated Product Team (IPT) to develop, apply, and maintain quality systems ensuring delivery of capabilities that the Navy customer has defined in their Statement of Work & System Requirements, for near-term operational deployment.
This position requires a strong understanding of Quality/Product Assurance and the ability to adapt to program needs. You are going to be a driving force to guide technical decisions to systematically shape the system design and the drive design evolution. Having a Quality & Product Assurance mindset, you will be an independent & objective judge of product performance by participating in the review and evaluation of design drawings, specifications, processes for producibility and inspectability, and ensuring system & program requirements are met. This position works closely with Navy counterparts to develop, test, and field a strategic system to ensure Quality Program Plans are documented, current, and effectively implemented. Additionally, you will recommend influential program performance metrics and drive their implementation with the ability to identify adverse trends, understand/identify risks, and drive effective corrective action.
The QE will provide support to Systems Engineering & IPTs working group to establish quality program requirements procedures and processes in compliance to AS9100 and DTS. The position focus is on design drawings, verification of requirements, development of inspection tools, and technical performance to the contract requirements. This individual will be an integral part of the program team and will be expected to forge a strong working relationship with all program personnel including, Program Manager/Director, Systems/Software/Specialty Engineering, Operations, Material & Process Engineering, Configuration Management, and various internal/external customers. The development of strong relationships amongst the team will be fostered by attending and participating in key meetings, providing proactive assistance to Engineering Managers/Leads up-front, and being an advocate for the QA organization. You will be a contributor to add program value, an experienced problem solver, able to identify problems (with solutions) early, provide open lines of communication, and project the QA organization as one that provides risk mitigation to the program & customers. The development of relationships in this role is critical to overall program communication in support of effective risk mitigation. Throughout the program life-cycle, you will support the Corrective Action Board (CAB) activities and lead cross-functional improvement projects to drive program cost down and overall value up.
As a member of this strategic team working on groundbreaking technologies, you will be exposed to multiple opportunities for personal & career growth, supported by our team of Quality & Engineering professionals across the Strategic & Missile Defense Line of Business & across Lockheed Martin Space.
This position is based in Englewood, CO, requires up to 15-20% travel.
• Ability to interact with DoD, DCMA, and/or other government customers to build effective relationships.
• Working knowledge of AS9100 and/or ISO9001 Quality Management System.
• Experience supporting program milestone reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, MRR, etc.) as a QA or engineering point of contact with an understanding of a program life cycle.
• Ability to conduct/coordinate process and product evaluations and assessments.
• Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance and US Citizenship required.
• Experience in a Program Start-Up environment or a development program, including Project Planning.
• Experience defining a requirements and verification baseline, and of QA oversight of implementation.
• Experience with Supplier Quality tools and processes, SAP/ERP, and EPDM.
• Quality Engineering experience with working knowledge of AS9100-based Quality Assurance Program Plan; familiarity/knowledge with Quality Assurance Requirements with various commodities (i.e. piece parts, subassemblies/module, assemblies, etc.)
• Green Belt Certification, with commensurate experience in applying and using this toolset.
• A solid understanding of the LM Configuration Control process.
• Experience participating in or conducting QA reviews including CABs, Corrective Action Plans, and Continuous Improvement projects.
• Ability to interface with program planning to define and manage the QA portion of an Integrated Master Plan (IMP).
• Demonstrated expertise in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) methodologies and in developing preventive quality corrective action plans, including the ability to lead, identify, and drive systemic root cause and corrective action utilizing quantitative, qualitative analytical capabilities to clearly communicate to others in a concise, data driven manner.
• Working knowledge of Cost Account Management (CAM).
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills to promote and champion an inclusive and collaborative teamwork environment that supports differences and encourages big-picture thinking.
• Master’s Degree from an accredited college in a technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., math, physics, chemistry, etc.).
Who We Are
<div style="text-align: justify;">At Lockheed Martin, veterans are at the center of everything we do — in fact, one in five of our employees has served in uniform. We are proud to help men and women like you successfully transition into civilian careers. Join us and you will find opportunities to take on the same kind of long-term challenging assignments you tackled while in the military.</div>