Project Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
84Y0A00:Prod Ops - SMD
Hypersonics, Targets & Electronic Assembly (Multiple Programs)
Courtland, AL 35618, US
9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering and manufacturing problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
If you are seeking a career that has tremendous impact beyond any one individual, then come be a part of the Courtland Production team and all programs supported. We are producing the new Hypersonic vehicles for Air Force, Army and Navy. Join the Lockheed Martin team and be a part of the company that has developed and flown more hypersonic vehicles than any other U.S. Company and has decades of hypersonic development and flight test experience from government contracts as well as internal investments in research and development projects. Along with many Electronic Assembly Harness and Chassis manufacturing programs for missile systems and satellites.
As a Project Engineer you will lead efforts and play a critical role in keeping programs sold and performing, capturing new business and formulating strategy for growth!
In this role you will:
• Be a leader who coordinates the planning, organization, control, integration and completion of program contracts, proposals, walk in work and other deliverables. Providing effective and efficient leadership to the team to produce a compliant and compelling proposal and program status for our customer.
• Monitor, refine, or upgrade the proposal processes and infrastructure, as needed
• Support the swift formation of a proposal-capable team, including integrating with Line of Business, Business Development, Finance, and Capture personnel; engage constructively in proposal process tailoring discussions with stakeholders
• Interact constructively and effectively with differing levels of leadership and staff; efficiently and effectively communicate and implement agreed upon changes; navigate difficult situations and conversations to a productive outcome
• Provide project and/or proposal planning and execution
• Work with Capture Management and Business Development teams to plan future proposal efforts and scope
• Keep current on new, innovative proposal processes, tools, or infrastructure; discuss proposed changes with your peers and key partners
• Develop solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
• Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
• Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
• Be a self-starter who establishes your own objectives and approaches
• Travel as needed to program and engineering sites
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Knowledge of program lifecycle and how early achievements may drive future costs.
• Experience working with technical leads to manage cost, schedule and technical scope
• Experience in preparation of technical documentation and analyzing technical data
• Experience in driving complex issues or problems to successful closure
• Experience working with schedules/programmatic and integrating performance data
• Readily adaptable to changing requirements
• Use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• If selected, you will need to obtain and maintain a SECRET clearance, thus U.S. Citizenship is required, and you will be subject to additional governmental requirements as a part of the clearance process.
• Knowledge of Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
• Experience with Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) in MS Project
• Experience with Statement of Work (SOW) and Electronic Production Operations Directive (EPOD)
• Experience with SAP data analysis and Business Intelligence Tools like Tableau, WEBI (Web Intelligence), SADE (SAP Accounting Data Extract)
• Experience with SAP data analysis and Business Intelligence Tools (i.e. Tableau, SAP IDT, Webi, Qlikview, Design Studio, Lumira)
• Experience with Supply Chain, Production Operations, Quality, Finance data analysis
• Knowledge of/experience with Federal Acquisition Requisition (FAR)
• Knowledge of/experience with LM proposal process and tools (I.e. SAP, GenBOE, etc.)
• Experience collaborating with and leading multi-functional teams to meet common goals and objectives
• Familiarity with Lockheed Martin Space Systems system tools (SAP, EPDM, VECAMS, PMP Database, etc.) or industry equivalent.
• Risk and Opportunity Management experience
• Experience with Electro Static Discharge (ESD) and Ordnance missile assembly, integration and test (AI&T) operations.
• Experience developing and preparing policies and operational standards that directly impact the organization’s mission.
• Complete Program Lifecycle - Experience on Development and Sustainment programs
Experience in Support of Large, Complex Development Programs
• Experience Supporting Multiple Development and/or Operating Sites
• Demonstrate Full Spectrum Leadership behaviors
• Possess or have the ability to be trained and certified in accordance with LM SSC training requirement to perform all duties related to assigned tasks.
• Current DoD Secret clearance
• Previous Proposal, Basis of Estimate (BOE) and/or Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) experience
Who We Are
<div style="text-align: justify;">At Lockheed Martin, veterans are at the center of everything we do — in fact, one in five of our employees has served in uniform. We are proud to help men and women like you successfully transition into civilian careers. Join us and you will find opportunities to take on the same kind of long-term challenging assignments you tackled while in the military.</div>