Quality Assurance Engineer, Senior Level Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
8030A00:QA - Missile Programs
QA/Test and Inspection
Titusville, FL 32780, US
9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Navy Strategic Programs (NSP) is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers. If you are seeking a career that has tremendous impact beyond any one individual come and be a part of the Fleet Ballistic Missile program. We are helping the Navy’s mission to provide affordable and credible strategic deterrence. We offer unique career opportunities and challenges on a program with a rich history and exciting future. We help keep this nation and our allies secure.
This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) partners to field a number of future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs.
Interested in joining us as a Quality Assurance Engineer, IV? If so, you will support implementation and successful execution of Quality Operations on the Fleet Ballistic Missile Program. You will be responsible for all aspects of Quality Performance across the entire program's life-cycle including proposals, contract review, start-up, development, transition to production, manufacturing, procurement, production and lifetime support. You should have an in-depth understanding of the Program Quality tasks as they pertain to hardware, software, systems, suppliers/subcontractors, inspections and customer support. To be successful, you should have overall knowledge of quality standards (i.e AS9100.)
IN THIS ROLE:
• You will perform detailed contract reviews and flow down contract Quality Assurance requirements to team.
• You will define quality assurance staffing needs, quality skill sets needed (e.g. Hardware Quality Engineering, Software Quality Engineering, etc.) and coordinate resource allocation with quality assurance functional managers.
• You will team with cost account managers and program quality managers to establish quality assurance budget and cost commitments.
• You will ensure quality assurance plans (QAP), are documented, current and effectively implemented.
• You will provide proper flow down and trace of requirements for the program life cycle.
• You will recommend influential program performance metrics & drive their implementation.
• You will identify adverse trends and attend independent program reviews to gain transparency & understand identified risks, propel effective corrective actions, item closure and drive RTG plans.
• You will articulate the customer's requirements, concerns, and expectations to the program team and champion the Customer and QA relationship
• Experience in Project Management
• Experience with a Certified Quality Management System (i.e. ISO 9001, AS9100, TS16949)
• Experience in manufacturing, automotive or quality assurance role
• Ability to obtain a Secret clearance, thus US Citizenship is required.
• ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
• ASQ Certified Manager of Quality/Operational Excellence
• Black Belt Trained or Certified
• T9001 B Technical Program Management Requirements
• First Article Inspection
• Program Management Experience
• Certified Project Engineer
To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
You have opportunities to play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Who We Are
At Lockheed Martin, veterans are at the center of everything we do — in fact, one in five of our employees has served in uniform. We are proud to help men and women like you successfully transition into civilian careers. Join us and you will find opportunities to take on the same kind of long-term challenging assignments you tackled while in the military.
Learn more at https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/military