Security Representative Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Huntsville, AL 35805, US
9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2
Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Security Representative will assist with an Industrial Security program encompassing classified and/or proprietary materials, documents, employee clearances and classified equipment. In this role, you will:
- Develop, administer and audit security programs for compliance with government regulations associated with the protection of classified material and export controlled data.
- Develop and execute security programs associated with the protection of proprietary information in compliance with corporate policies.
- Perform in individual and team roles supporting all contractual security requirements for Special Access Programs (SAP), Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) programs or DOD collateral classified programs.
- Serve as a Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO), a Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO) or a Security Representative.
- Study and implement federal security regulations that apply to company compliance and contract execution as set forth in SAP security rules (JAFAN/JSIG), SCI security rules (ICD) or DOD security rules (NISPOM).
- Work closely with U. S. Government customers to seek contract execution approvals and seek security rulings or deviations.
- Provide support in managing the quality, schedule and cost expectations associated with program development and execution, while maintaining the fundamental security requirements defined by the customer/company and program.
- Prepare implementation manuals outlining regulations, and establishes procedures for handling, storing, keeping records, and for granting personnel and visitors access to classified materials.
- Develop and conduct security education classes.
- Investigate security violations and prepares reports specifying preventive action to be taken.
- Apply business-minded and risk-managed solutions to security issues and business challenges, and communicate observations and recommendations to leadership and enterprise business partners.
- Process clearances and customer visits and provide support for classified meetings.
Some travel may be required.
A Final Secret clearance is required with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
Candidates should have at least 3 years' experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
You have opportunities to play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Experience with NISPOM and other government regulations.
- Articulate and present intelligent, decisive and risk-managed security recommendations and decisions on a daily basis.
- Experience with SIMS, JPAS and eQip.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little to no direct supervision and be a team player.
- Knowledge and experience implementing the National Industrial Security Program Operation Manual (NISPOM) and other government security directives.
Who We Are
At Lockheed Martin, veterans are at the center of everything we do — in fact, one in five of our employees has served in uniform. We are proud to help men and women like you successfully transition into civilian careers. Join us and you will find opportunities to take on the same kind of long-term challenging assignments you tackled while in the military.
Learn more at https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/military