Senior Industrial Engineer / Scheduler Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Palmdale, CA 93599, US
FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day
• Independently identify opportunities to surface problems and drive improvements in all value streams.
• Apply advanced Industrial Engineering concepts and techniques to analyze processes and support product and process design teams in all stages of the product life cycle.
• Competently use computers and other systems to access, maintain, and manipulate data.
• Plan and prepare production schedules to support production operations based on engineering plans, production specifications, plant capacity, availability of parts, and manpower requirements.
• Interface with supervisors and program management to determine status of assigned projects and schedules and advise on the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production issues.
• Provide direct shop floor support including creation of crew plans, burn down charts, and performance metrics to surface problems and optimize production.
• Implement changes in manufacturing, engineering and service operations to improve key performance indicators.
• Document processes and contribute to production engineering body of knowledge playbooks.
**Must be a US Citizen **
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Must have the ability to obtain a secret level clearance after hire.
• Experience applying and implementing lean manufacturing principles
• Experience performing industrial engineering tasks
• Experience working in a production environment
• Experience with Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and/or Access
• 3+ years of combined production and/or master scheduling experience
• 3+ years of production operations (Shop Floor) experience creating crew plans, to ensure resources are allocated and utilized properly
• Project management experience
• Experience with SAP
• Experience with HMS suite of applications (CAPP, SFM)
• Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
• Experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
• Experience working with performance analysis and reporting tools i.e., Business Objects, Tableau
• Experience communicating at all levels of the organization including with non-technical personnel
Who We Are
<div style="text-align: justify;">At Lockheed Martin, veterans are at the center of everything we do — in fact, one in five of our employees has served in uniform. We are proud to help men and women like you successfully transition into civilian careers. Join us and you will find opportunities to take on the same kind of long-term challenging assignments you tackled while in the military.</div>