SharePoint Administrator - Special Operations Forces - Lexington, KY Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
ESS8806 MISSILES AND FIRE CTRL (S0806)
Missiles and Fire Control
GI11:GLSS Info Technology Onsite L
Lexington, KY 40516, US
FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week
The primary role of this position is IT infrastructure administration focusing heavily on SharePoint services administration along with active directory. Strong working knowledge of SharePoint system architecture and SharePoint site development, along with Windows Server and Active Directory are essential. The Administrator will also be responsible for development of SharePoint training materials, governance, and mentoring other SharePoint administrators and site managers, as required.
Candidate should be familiar with DoD STIGs and security patching, and will be responsible for patching, vulnerability mitigation and upgrades for existing SharePoint landscape. Candidates should also be familiar with upgrading SharePoint and have experience working with SharePoint 2010, 2013 and 2016.
- Ability to develop system design documentation for upgrade planning
- Maintain and administer SharePoint services, including search, content hub, user profile and excel services.
- Manage SharePoint end user accounts, permissions and access rights in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy and security.
- Support end users and site content managers with help ticket remediation.
- Test recommended, emerging SharePoint and application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Perform server administration, group policy, active directory, registry, or other server administrative tasks as needed
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with SharePoint framework, sites, and information.
- Troubleshoot SharePoint functionality and/or performance as necessary.
- Generate website statistics and reports as needed, using custom or packaged tools.
- Develop and maintain user and technical manuals and guidelines.
- Work with desktop support staff on deployment of necessary end user software.
- Review internal security vulnerability reports and STIG guidance for action.
- Perform ongoing administrative tasks to ensure continued security compliance, patching updates, and overall system health
- Understanding of SharePoint administration including management of service applications, web applications, site collection administration, solution deployment, and backup/restore via Central Administration and PowerShell.
- Experience using SharePoint Designer and deploying solutions.
- Security+ or other IAT Level II certification is required per DoD 8570.01.
- Ability to be able to run and/or write or modify PowerShell scripts is desired
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Server operating systems and Active Directory. Experience with HP Intel x86 Servers, Windows Server
- The ability to work independently and with teams.
- Ability to work within an Active Directory Cross Domain Environment
- Ability to create best practice methodologies and tools, policies and procedures, whitepapers, and other standard business communications.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Experience with SharePoint 2013 fundamentals including out of the box web parts, lists, content types, workflows, templates and master pages.
- Experience migrating SharePoint - especially SharePoint 2010 onto 2013 and 2013 onto 2016.
Who We Are
At Lockheed Martin, veterans are at the center of everything we do — in fact, one in five of our employees has served in uniform. We are proud to help men and women like you successfully transition into civilian careers. Join us and you will find opportunities to take on the same kind of long-term challenging assignments you tackled while in the military.
Learn more at https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/military