Simulation Software Engineer Senior Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Marietta, GA 30063, US
FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day
Initial assignment will likely involve development, integration, documentation, test and debugging of airframe, aircraft system and avionics software models that contain logical and mathematical solutions for experimental, developmental and production aircraft in computer languages for solutions by means of data processing. Must be able to apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the development life cycle, locate and correct programing errors, prepare operating instructions, compile documentation of program development, and analyze system capabilities.
Must be a US citizen. This position will require special access and a Secret security clearance updated within the last 6 years to start.
-Experience in the use of Windows and Unix Operating Systems.
-4+ years experience of software development in high order languages (C++, Java and/or Ada).
-Experience with software development tools and processes
- Experience (2 years or more) with at least one Infrared sensor or knowledge of the IR environment
- Knowledge of aircraft non-linear and linear 3-DOF and 6-DOF simulations
- Team or project leadership experience
- Strong mathematical skills
- Experience or coursework in modeling and simulation
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with real-time simulation software development
- Experience with the modeling of the Infrared environment or associated sensors
- Experience with MODTRAN
- Experience with, or knowledge of, basic aircraft flight dynamics (aerodynamics, engineering mechanics and fluid mechanics, equations of motion, coordinate transformation), and avionics, especially as related to simulation.
-Experience with aircraft flight controls and automatic flight controls.
-Must be able to work in a team environment and work with internal and external customers.
Who We Are
<div style="text-align: justify;">At Lockheed Martin, veterans are at the center of everything we do — in fact, one in five of our employees has served in uniform. We are proud to help men and women like you successfully transition into civilian careers. Join us and you will find opportunities to take on the same kind of long-term challenging assignments you tackled while in the military.</div>