Software Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
ESS2100 ENTERPRISE BUSINESS SERVICES
Orlando, FL 32825, US
FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day
A developer with a strong technical background is needed to join an existing high performing team supporting business critical applications for the RMS Engineering & Technology organization. Successful candidates will be expected to quickly come up to speed on new technologies and internal processes. This assignment works with a large and complex COTS product where not all aspects are completely documented. To be successful a candidate must be willing to show initiative and develop creative solutions utilizing the limited set of available resources. To facilitate necessary skill growth both on the job and formal training opportunities will be provided.
This position is expected to work under supervision from technical and functional leads while addressing software development challenges of varying complexity. The applicant will be expected to integrate into an existing agile software development process utilizing daily scrums and sprints while adjusting quickly to a fast paced working environment.
• Strong SQL skills and understanding of relational databases.
• Ability to execute the full software development lifecycle including developing requirements.
• Demonstrated willingness to take initiative and develop innovative solutions to complex problems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with IBM COGNOS.
• Experience with CAD tools such as Creo, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, and Catia.
• Experience with integrated development environments such as Eclipse.
• Previous experience or training with agile software development concepts (scrum, Kanban), techniques, and tools (Jira).
• Experience with DevOps software tools such as SVN, Git, GitHub, GitLab, Sonar Cube, Jenkins, Bit bucket, Maven, and Ant.
• Familiarity with Cloud technologies, and specifically Amazon Web Services (AWS).
• Demonstrated effectiveness working with teammates in a virtual environment.
Who We Are
<div style="text-align: justify;">At Lockheed Martin, veterans are at the center of everything we do — in fact, one in five of our employees has served in uniform. We are proud to help men and women like you successfully transition into civilian careers. Join us and you will find opportunities to take on the same kind of long-term challenging assignments you tackled while in the military.</div>