Software Engineer Associate - Aegis - Camden, NJ Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Camden, NJ 08103, US
Services Engineer I
TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid)
At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Candidate will be part of the LM Surface Navy Innovation Center (SNIC) software development team supporting Ship Integration & Test (SI&T), Ship Physical Systems (SPS) tasking in the areas of Virtual and Augmented Reality development, as well as LM Business Development efforts.
Specific engineering responsibilities include;
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the COMITS software tool. COMITS is a visualization, modeling, and simulation software product specially designed for Ship Integration and Test. It is written in C++, and incorporates Object-Oriented Design (OOD) principles. COMITS interfaces with the Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) via OpenGL, OptiX, and CUDA.
- Support senior engineers in the investigation and integration of new technologies, such as HTC VIVE, and MS HoloLens3.
- Work with designers in developing specific software analysis modules for topside arrangement, combat space arrangements, and ship installation packages.
- Work with various CAD systems in converting vendor and shipbuilder information into applicable formats for use in design studies. Also convert CAD models into COMITS and develop models for analysis.
- Participate in modeling and simulation of various deck operations for a variety of ship platforms such as DDG, CG, LCS, LRDR, and Aegis Ashore.
- Perform and manipulate 3D point clouds from 3D scanner data to better convey to SI&T engineers the as-built configuration of a variety of ship platforms such as DDG, CG, LCS, and FMS.
Candidate is expected to possess;
- BS degree in Computer Science
- One to three years experience in programming with an Object-Oriented language
- A knowledge of CAD systems such as AutoCAD, or CATIA
- Familiar with graphics technology and OpenGL
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Visual Studio 2015
- Background in linear algebra and numerical analysis
- Strong oral and written communication skills for software design planning
- Strong interpersonal skills, including potential to effectively prepare and give presentations
- Strong ability to work in a structured/diverse team environment
Candidate may be expected to support short duration travel
Candidate must be able to obtain & maintain a secret security clearance.
Candidate should possess;
- Experience with C++ in an Object Oriented framework
- Experience building visualization applications using OpenGL and/or DirectX
- Experience in the software design lifecycle
- An understanding of Computational Geometry
- Strong initiative characteristics and interpersonal skills, including ability to write detailed reports and effectively prepare and give presentations.
- Experience interfacing with Naval organizations and basic knowledge of their functional structure a plus
- BS in Computer Science preferred