Software Engineer (Dev and Architecture) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
72B0A00:Advanced Tech & SW Solutions
King of Prussia, PA 19406, US
9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As a GPA Software Engineer, you will be responsible for architecting and developing new software as part of an algorithm development team, which supports the research & development lifecycle for technologies that enable and advance semi and fully autonomous systems for both defense and commercial customers. This role is also capable of supporting the software development from requirements generation through architecture, development, integration, testing, and deployment.
Key responsibilities of this position are noted below:
• Develops and documents algorithm and implementation requirements
• Develops and optimizes the performance of software algorithms, applications, and platforms
• Able to leverage and refine existing software development and apply to new applications
- Design and create data-driven microservice architectures
Typically has 7 - 12 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Knowledge of basic software practices such as coding standards, unit testing and configuration management, database and System administration.
• Familiarity with Agile Development Process
• Degree in computer science, mathematics, applied statistics, various engineering disciplines, or related STEM discipline
• experience with COTS products (Kubernetes, Docker and Jenkins) and integrating them into a unified workflow
• Demonstrated history of building prototypes in rapid prototyping environment
• Experience working with product teams to integrate ideas or transfer technology into products
• Advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, applied statistics, various engineering disciplines, or related STEM discipline
Who We Are
At Lockheed Martin, veterans are at the center of everything we do — in fact, one in five of our employees has served in uniform. We are proud to help men and women like you successfully transition into civilian careers. Join us and you will find opportunities to take on the same kind of long-term challenging assignments you tackled while in the military.
Learn more at https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/military