Staff Software Quality Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
8030A00:QA - Missile Programs
QA/Test and Inspection
Huntsville, AL 35805, US
9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2
Space technology connects millions of people around the world and we’re accelerating tomorrow’s breakthroughs to help our customers stay ahead in an ever-changing world. At Lockheed Martin Space, we are motivated by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin Space employee. Space values your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
We are seeking energized individuals who are passionate about building the space technologies of tomorrow. We are going to Mars and beyond! Will you join us in the journey?
The Space organization has an opportunity for a Staff Software Quality Engineer to support the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) Program under the Strategic & Missile Defense (SMD) line of business in Huntsville, AL. As the Software Quality Engineer you will ensure contractual requirements, software standards and Lockheed Martin standards are met.
As the Staff SW QE, you will need to work independently and engage with all levels of leadership (both internal & external) while maintaining a strong leadership profile. This position may require occasional business travel.
Your diverse array of responsibilities includes:
-Lead a team of Software Quality Engineers in multiple locations, providing technical direction as needed
-Manage the development, modification, application, and maintenance of standards for software quality operating methods, processes, systems and procedures
-Manage the performance of or directs verification of software requirement allocations, traceability, and testability and monitors software inspection, testing, verification and validation
-Oversee implementation of software development and maintenance processes and methods
-Ensure implementation of the software quality program according to project, process and contract requirements and objectives
-Ensure that project and process control documentation are compliant with requirements, objectives and / or contract
-Serve as lead quality member for program peer reviews, regression testing, integration & test, and functional sell-off
-Lead quality efforts as an engaged member of the program’s change control process boards and reviews (ERB, CCB, SRB, TRR, etc.)
-Provide monthly inputs/metrics on the quality health of the program to the Quality Program Manager
-Identify root causes and associated corrective actions, evaluate process/product performance (via internal audit), lead continuous improvement efforts, and participate/interface with the engineering community and customer (as required) on program activities to assure processes and products are compliant to contractual requirements
-Support security/information assurance activities, as required
-Interface with Supplier Quality Engineering and Subcontractor Management, as necessary, to ensure Software subcontractor requirements are adequately defined and managed
-Conduct software evaluation activities related to software development and conducts software subcontractor evaluations as directed. o Independently evaluate the requirements, design, development, configuration management, builds, documentation, integration, testing and release of deliverable/non-deliverable software deliveries and installations using established procedures as a guide.
-Apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the development life cycle.
-Apply knowledge of computer hardware and software, programming experience, information processing techniques and information gathered from system users, to enhance the level of SQE technical reviews of software products and processes.
-Coordinate the Basis of Estimate (BOE) inputs for Software Quality Engineering work scope on proposal efforts
• Working knowledge of C/C++ and/or other programming/scripting languages
• Software development/quality experience.
• Experience in lead roles and/or project management
• Ability to prepare and support presentation of materials at various program boards/reviews (e.g., PMR, CDR, PDR, TRR, ERB CCB, SRB, TIM)
• Software audit and/or assessment experience
• Ability to review and update program level quality documentation
• Demonstrated experience performing Quality efforts on both development and sustainment projects Knowledge of CMMI and/or AS9100
• Ability to plan, manage and support multiple activities and tasks with minimal direction
• High energy, self-starting, team player who achieves goals and is adept at identifying issues/gaps and working to closure.
• Skilled at building partnering relationships at all levels, building trust with customers, and proactively addressing issues.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office products
• Active Secret Security Clearance and US Citizenship required
• Certified Software Quality Engineer, ASQ CSQE Certification
• Database experience
• Experience with software development environments (e.g., UNIX, Windows, Rational, CASE tools) Experience in the review of supplier SQE and SWE process/products
• Software configuration/build tools (e.g., ClearCase)
• Problem solving experience
• Root cause analysis, corrective action and preventive action familiarity
• Experienced with peer reviews of software, systems or documents
• Program Process auditing; Process and performance measurement: developing, collecting and analyzing metrics
• Knowledge of lean six sigma and Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or higher
• Knowledge of Software defect tracking tools
• Knowledge of Software Requirement traceability tools
• Understanding of external quality standards such as ISO9001/AS9100
• Experience with Agile principles
• Formal auditor training
• Formal metrics training
• Hardware Quality experience
Who We Are
<div style="text-align: justify;">At Lockheed Martin, veterans are at the center of everything we do — in fact, one in five of our employees has served in uniform. We are proud to help men and women like you successfully transition into civilian careers. Join us and you will find opportunities to take on the same kind of long-term challenging assignments you tackled while in the military.</div>