Synthetic Aperture Radar -SAR- Imaging Scientist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
72F0B41:Mission Ops & Sustainment
White Sands Missile Range, VA 88002, US
STANDARD-Mon-Fri/8 hours a day
The working location for this opportunity could be in Herndon, Virginia or White Sands, New Mexico :
• The Sage program delivers support to the Government through the monitoring and operating of production systems; building, delivering, and optimizing custom products; and community collaboration to share knowledge and advise how our products can aid the customer with their missions.
• You will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the area of SAR/Radar imagery to assist the Product Quality (PQ) group located in Northern Virginia or New Mexico to assist the government/contractor team in optimizing the collection and exploitation of various types of imagery data.
• This position supports its customers by monitoring production systems and ensuring customers are receiving the most accurate, relevant products they need to accomplish their missions in a timely manner.
•Provide subject matter expertise and in-depth knowledge of image science, remote sensing, production segments, processing techniques, and their associated data on Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
• Collaborate with and provide scientific analysis support to full spectrum GEOINT (FSG) data to imagery and geospatial analysts, to leverage the value-added support to sharpen their assessments of current intelligence issues.
• Apply Multi-spectral and/or SAR/Radar and programming techniques and capabilities to mission issues, as well as investigate innovative and emerging technologies to incorporate into analysis.
• Evaluation of commercial, academic, and outside approaches and algorithms, refinement, development of measures of effectiveness, improvements to system capabilities, and creation of new procedures is commonplace.
• Assess performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures.
• Analyze production data and metrics in the application of remote sensing technology to aid the Government and its community users
• Research, analyze, and compile technical data for Government products and system-level concepts in the operational environments to optimize effectiveness.
• Prepare and present briefings, update internal tracking metrics, and analyze trending statistics
• Make recommendations for innovative methods to accomplish the Processing of customer data and the optimization of the greater Government missions
• Develop procedures for operational execution
• Coordinate with analysts from other disciplines
• Knowledge of Advanced Geospatial Intelligence methodologies
• Experience with image science/phenomenology
• Experience with SAR/Radar sensors
• Experience with techniques to mitigate anomalous SAR/Radar signatures
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Synthetic Aperture Radar, SAR, Radar Engineering, RF, Digital Signal Processing, DSP, Sensors, Algorithm Development, LIDAR, Image Processing, Classified Programs, TCPED and Tasking, Collection, Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination.
• Demonstrated capability and success working in a customer environment with a multi-contractor, geographically
• Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to meet time critical needs/demands with close attention to detail
Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
Understanding of collections platforms, sensors, communication methods and TCPED
Familiar with intelligence production research methods and tasks
Comfortable w/ systems other than windows
Demonstrated success in a team environment
Who We Are
<div style="text-align: justify;">At Lockheed Martin, veterans are at the center of everything we do — in fact, one in five of our employees has served in uniform. We are proud to help men and women like you successfully transition into civilian careers. Join us and you will find opportunities to take on the same kind of long-term challenging assignments you tackled while in the military.</div>