Systems Engineer - Architect Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Systems Engineering: System Architecture
Littleton, CO 80125, US
9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2
Do you have a passion to get humans back to the moon and eventually to Mars? NASA has developed a vision for exploration that includes the development of a Human Lander System and a Gateway Habitat in the next 5 years. The nation received a White House mandate to place humans back on the surface of the Moon by 2024. Lockheed Martin Space is onboard to be part of this historic event and is looking to build a core team of highly-motivated engineers excited to be working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This is a rare opportunity for you to help NASA meet the challenges of the first step in achieving that “long-term presence at the Moon” and the stepping point for human missions to Mars.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that supports big picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
Paid time off
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers pursue the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a Systems Architect of the Gateway Habitat you will directly help establish the technical solution and overall system design for one of our country's most vital and complex Space Systems.
In this role you typically will:
• Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions
• Establish system architecture and CONOPS, perform system trades and analysis, flow down the architecture and CONOPS into requirements and interfaces, and support verification planning
• Use your excellent communication skills to work across the Lockheed Martin organization and customer/user community to ensure consensus and understanding of solutions
• Experience in performing multiple Systems Engineering functions, such as:
a.) System Trade studies and/or System modeling
b.) System architecture or CONOPS development
c.) Requirements and Interface Control Document (ICD) development
d.) System Integration, Test and/or Verification
e.) Design reviews
• Ability to lead multi-functional teams and lead multiple teams to communicate and coordinate work as one team with common goals
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, synergetic team environment
• Experience working through the full lifecycle phases of a Space development program
• Experience applying Lockheed Martin Systems Engineering processes related to this position
• Master's Degree in Systems Engineering or applicable discipline, INCOSE Certification, or relevant Graduate Certificate
• Proficiency in the following engineering tools: [SysML/Cameo Magic Draw, DOORS, MATLAB, Architecture Framework such as DoDAF, Model Center]
• Space system design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
• Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker; selects and applies appropriate systems thinking skills to solve very complex problems and implement constructive change
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members, leadership, and customers
Who We Are
At Lockheed Martin, veterans are at the center of everything we do — in fact, one in five of our employees has served in uniform. We are proud to help men and women like you successfully transition into civilian careers. Join us and you will find opportunities to take on the same kind of long-term challenging assignments you tackled while in the military.
Learn more at https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/military