Systems Engineer-Digital Processor Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Littleton, CO 80125, US
9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2
The coolest jobs on this planet…or any other… are with Lockheed Martin (LM) Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus, and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies?
As a Systems Engineer with LM Space you will contribute toward the development and delivery of RF and digital payloads, and RF and optical subsystem solutions, for Space and Missile platforms. RF payloads and subsystems are needed for every platform and serve missions ranging from human space flight, commercial broadband services, national intelligence, protected communications, navigation and more. Our product portfolio includes a wide range of international and domestic programs, addressing the critical needs of our commercial, civil, and government customers.
The Systems Engineer emphasizes ‘systems thinking’ throughout the product lifecycle. To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin nurtures an inclusive work environment that inspires diverse perspectives and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy at LM Space:
• Competitive Medical & Dental insurance
• 401k with competitive company matching
• Paid time off
• Encouragement of work/life balance
• Flexible work schedule
• Onsite health center / gym (Littleton, CO)
• Onsite medical center (Littleton, CO)
• Intramural sports activities
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Ability to develop and analyze technical requirements, perform trade studies, and allocate functions down to a digital processor
Experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Architecture, development and/or delivery of digitally processed RF payloads
• Ability to develop and analyze technical requirements, perform trade studies, and allocate functions down to digital hardware and software
• Experience with Integration & Test of RF/digital components and/or payloads
• Experience with the Data Object Oriented Requirements (DOORS) trace-ability tool
• Experience with Rational Rhapsody or similar systems modeling tool
• Active DoD SECRET clearance
Proficiency with the following:
• Development of requirements and interface definitions for digital processors
• Development and specification of Analog/Digital interfaces
• Certification and training as Certified Principal Engineer (CPE), Responsible Engineer, or equivalent
• RF and Digital payload end-to-end performance analysis using MATLAB or similar analytical tools
• Development and execution of digital payload and/or component test plans
• Proven ability to execute major design reviews (e.g. SRR, PDR, CDR, etc.).
• A team player with the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across multi-functional teams to achieve common goals
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with customers, suppliers, management, and peers.
• Proven ability developing and delivering technical presentations to effectively describe technical approach
Who We Are
<div style="text-align: justify;">At Lockheed Martin, veterans are at the center of everything we do — in fact, one in five of our employees has served in uniform. We are proud to help men and women like you successfully transition into civilian careers. Join us and you will find opportunities to take on the same kind of long-term challenging assignments you tackled while in the military.</div>