Systems Engineer, Reliability Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
71A7A00:SE Special Disciplines
Systems Engineering: Other
Littleton, CO 80125, US
9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
To hear why our Engineers think the Coolest Jobs are with Lockheed Martin Space CLICK HERE.
Are you a creative thinker and problem solver? Do you have both an analytical and creative mindset and the ability to navigate changing priorities?
As a Reliability Engineer, you will join the Special Disciplines team where you may lead a small Reliability team or project.
In this role, you will:
• Develop, coordinate and conduct technical reliability studies and evaluations of engineering design concepts and design of experiments (doe) constructs
• Recommend design or test methods and statistical process control procedures for achieving required levels of product reliability
• Compile and analyze performance reports and process control statistics; investigate and analyze relevant variables potentially affecting product and processes
• Ensure that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards
• Analyze preliminary plans and develop reliability engineering programs to achieve company, customer and governmental agency reliability objectives
• Develop mathematical models to identify units, batches or processes posing excessive failure risks
• As necessary, propose changes in design or formulation to improve system and/or process reliability
• Determine units and/or batches requiring environmental testing, and specifies minimum number of samples to obtain statistically valid data
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Demonstrated experience performing technical reliability studies and evaluations of engineering design concepts
• Experience in several of the following:
a. Reliability Program Plans
b. Reliability Predictions and Analysis
c. Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
d. Critical Items List
f. Maintainability Analysis and Predictions
g. Fault Tree Analysis
h. Probability Risk Assessment (PRA)
i. Reliability HDBKS and Standards (i.e.; MIL-HDBK-217, Milt-STD-1629, MIL-STD-1543, MIL-HDBK-338, MIL-HDBK-472)
• Secret clearance with an investigation in the past 5-6 years and the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance
• Previous experience leading small reliability projects or teams
• Demonstrated experience in all facets of the conduct of a reliability program to include: Reliability Program Plans, Reliability Predictions and Analysis, Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis, Critical Items List, Availability,
Maintainability Analysis and Predictions, Fault Tree Analysis, Probability Risk Assessment (PRA), familiarity with Reliability HDBKS and Standards i.e.; MIL-HDBK-217, Milt-STD-1629, MIL-STD-1543, MILHDBK-338, MIL-HDBK-472, the application of probability and statistics to support decisions regarding sample size, burn-in life testing and failure analysis investigations
• Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker; selects and applies appropriate systems thinking skills to solve very complex problems and implement constructive change
• Missile or space segment design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
• Ability to lead multi-functional teams, build strong relationships with team members and build consensus among peers
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Master’s Degree in Systems Engineering, INCOSE Certification, or relevant Graduate Certificate
• Active TS/SCI clearance
Who We Are
<div style="text-align: justify;">At Lockheed Martin, veterans are at the center of everything we do — in fact, one in five of our employees has served in uniform. We are proud to help men and women like you successfully transition into civilian careers. Join us and you will find opportunities to take on the same kind of long-term challenging assignments you tackled while in the military.</div>