Systems Engineer, Reliability Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
71A7A00:SE Special Disciplines
Systems Engineering: Other
Littleton, CO 80125, US
9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
To hear why our Engineers think the Coolest Jobs are with Lockheed Martin Space CLICK HERE.
Are you a creative thinker and problem solver? Do you have both an analytical and creative mindset and the ability to navigate changing priorities?
As a Reliability Engineer you will work within an integrated product development environment along with many engineering disciplines to ensure that program product designs meet customer reliability, Built In Test (BIT), availability, service life and reliability growth requirements. You will support efforts in the areas of reliability, maintainability, availability, testability and reliability growth providing reliability allocations, reliability analysis, BIT analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMECA), reliability critical items, reliability growth planning and Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System (FRACAS).
You will support the Systems Engineering (SE) Special Disciplines Organization in one or more of the following areas: Reliability and/or Anomaly Detection & Resolution (ADR) / Fault Management. In this role your responsibilities will include:
• Applying, maintaining and executing the Reliability & Maintainability (R&M) program plan per the customer requirements
• Working along with Domain Experts in various disciplines, performing analyses at all levels of the total system product over its life cycle to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal
• Working with Statements of Work (SOWs) and System Specifications to ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total system solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
• Performing or assisting in technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems
• Performing detailed trade studies and requirements allocation and interface definition studies in your discipline to translate customer requirements into hardware and/or software specifications
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Demonstrated experience performing technical reliability studies and evaluations of engineering design concepts
• Experience in several of the following:
a. Reliability Program Plans
b. Reliability Predictions and Analysis
c. Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
d. Critical Items List
f. Maintainability Analysis and Predictions
g. Fault Tree Analysis
h. Probability Risk Assessment (PRA)
i. Reliability HDBKS and Standards (i.e.; MIL-HDBK-217, Milt-STD-1629, MIL-STD-1543, MIL-HDBK-338, MIL-HDBK-472)
• Secret clearance with an investigation in the past 5-6 years and the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance
• Demonstrated experience in all facets of the conduct of a reliability program to include: Reliability Program Plans, Reliability Predictions and Analysis, Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis, Critical Items List, Availability, Maintainability Analysis and Predictions, Fault Tree Analysis, Probability Risk Assessment (PRA), familiarity with Reliability HDBKS and Standards i.e.; MIL-HDBK-217, Milt-STD-1629, MIL-STD-1543, MILHDBK-338, MIL-HDBK-472, the application of probability and statistics to support decisions regarding sample size, burn-in life testing and failure analysis investigations
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
• Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker with the ability to select and apply appropriate systems thinking skills to solve problems and implement constructive change
• Missile or space segment design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite • Masters Degree in Systems Engineering or relevant certificate programs such as INCOSE or University programs
• Active TS/SCI clearance
Who We Are
<div style="text-align: justify;">At Lockheed Martin, veterans are at the center of everything we do — in fact, one in five of our employees has served in uniform. We are proud to help men and women like you successfully transition into civilian careers. Join us and you will find opportunities to take on the same kind of long-term challenging assignments you tackled while in the military.</div>