Systems Engineer Stf /Testing and Integration / Marinette, WI Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Rotary and Mission Systems
L04O20:Global Sustain-VA Beach
Systems Engineering: Other
Marinette, WI 54143, US
TEMPO: 5X8 - 5 days/wk 8 hrs/day (Flex & Rigid)
1. Coordinate LCS C2 T&E activities including planning, documentation, test procedures & execution of shipboard installation, configuration, testing, debug, trials, & certification, for the weapons-sensor systems onboard LCS Freedom class ships.
2. Assist in the development & implementation of the weapons-sensor systems and C2 interface test strategy & schedule, integrated with the ship production, HM&E, cable, navigation, Total Ship’s Computing Environment (TSCE) and Exterior Communications (EXCOMMS) test schedules.
3. Perform the required setup, configuration, and verification of Weapons and Sensors, to include their Combat System interfaces with other LM teams (design, implementation), vendors, and government as required.
4. Coordinate test planning, dependency management, and test conduct of the Stage 3-7 testing, working with the Installation Engineers (Seaframe, Combat Systems), ship builder, LM teams, vendors, QA, and customer as required.
5. Identify, communicate, and coordinate problems and deficiencies impacting Weapons/Sensors installation and test, and develop and support mitigation strategies as appropriate.
6. Serve as the LCS Weapons & Sensors liaison with the Navy test community.
7. The candidate will also be expected to work in a dynamic and demanding environment that includes additional work hours that are required to meet schedule commitments and support emergent program requirements. This will include evenings, off-shifts and/or weekends on an as-required basis.
this position requires an active Secret clearance to be considered.
• Candidate must have the communication skills required for effective interaction with LM management, the customer, vendors and shipyard personnel on complex program and technical issues down to and including the tradesmen working “on the deck plates”.
• Candidate must be able to work without appreciable direction while exercising considerable latitude in determining technical objectives and approaches to accomplishing assigned tasks to meet program goals and schedules.
• Candidate must be a self-starter, motivated, and capable of working effectively with all stakeholders and capable of using ingenuity and creativity to resolve issues.
• Candidate must possess the analytical and organizational skills to effectively track, manage, and status multiple technical and construction activities concurrently and when issues arise, effectively lead the team through successful resolution.
• Candidate must have the ability to define, document, and implement improvements to site test and production processes and ensure all Contractor Operator and Work Instructions are current.
• Candidate must possess technical expertise in the area of Integration and Test with a proven track record of managing a large project and all related aspects that feed into that project. This includes experience working in a shipboard environment with C6ISR and/or HM&E systems.
• Knowledge of IBM Blade Center computing platforms.
• Knowledge of Cisco Catalyst-series 3750 and 4507 switch platforms.
• Knowledge of Windows and Linux system administration.
• Knowledge of Cisco Call Manager and VoIP router platforms.
• Ability to coordinate production, vendors, and outside agencies for required installation, light-off, test, and support of major milestones.
• Ability to research design and implementation issues, read and translates drawings, and communicates implementation approaches and deficiencies.
• Ability to perform analysis and studies in depth, make professional presentations, and keep up with technical advancements in above areas.
• Understanding of the LINIX (Red Hat, Red Hawk), Cisco IOS, Windows and UNIX for software troubleshooting and weapons interface analysis is highly desired.
• Ability to handle complex installations, work effectively in a team environment, have a can-do attitude, be a self-starter, and bring energy and enthusiasm to the T&E program.
Who We Are
<div style="text-align: justify;">At Lockheed Martin, veterans are at the center of everything we do — in fact, one in five of our employees has served in uniform. We are proud to help men and women like you successfully transition into civilian careers. Join us and you will find opportunities to take on the same kind of long-term challenging assignments you tackled while in the military.</div>