Systems Requirements Engineer (Grand Prairie, TX) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
ESS0385 MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Missiles and Fire Control
Systems Engineering: Requirements Development
Grand Prairie, TX 75051, US
FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day
We are looking for an energetic engineer, looking to grow their skills, while working in a team including both new and highly experienced engineers. You would provide system engineering design and analysis support for our Army air and missile defense programs.
• Requirements development, risk management, trade studies and interface development.
• Performs analyses for total systems at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Prepare, coordinate approval, and maintain program specification trees.
• Conduct system requirements analysis including preparation of system and subsystem functional analysis (hardware and software).
• Prepare requirement allocations to define requirements for lower tier subsystems, considering threat, customer needs, and budget.
• Prepare ECPs for System specification and Performance Specifications based on allocated requirements.
• Coordinate with other company and customer elements to assure approvals.
• Maintain program specifications including necessary coordination of changes, tailoring and review.
• Maintain upward and downward traceability of requirements between levels of system hierarchy.
• Maintain documentation to trace critical requirements to customer documents, design decisions, trade studies, and other major program documents.
• Prepare and maintain requirements verification matrices (including schedule trace) and verify system performance meets the defined requirements.
• Support all Design Assurance, Program, and Peer reviews in support of SE activities.
Please see the You Tube videos below as examples of work completed by the engineers with MFC:.
MFC in Action
Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
Grand Prairie is part of the “Mid-Cities” region in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of Texas. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth. The region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and a pleasant climate. This North Central region of Texas is a great place to live and to raise a family. The region is home to numerous colleges and universities to include University of Texas at Dallas, University of Texas at Arlington, University of North Texas, Southern Methodist University, and Texas Woman's University. The Mid-Cities is the suburban region filling the thirty-mile span between Dallas and Fort Worth. These communities include the cities of Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, HEB (Hurst, Euless and Bedford), NRH (North Richland Hills and Richland Hills), Haltom City, Watauga, and Keller, along with multiple other smaller towns such as Trophy Club and Roanoke and together represent more people than either Dallas or Fort Worth.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Systems Engineering, or a related discipline.
• 2-5 years of systems engineering experience supporting technical programs.
Experience with the following:
• Experience with Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS).
• Experience with IBM Rhapsody.
• Manage and analyze Stakeholder requirements, and develop System Requirements, Interface Requirements, Use Cases, and other requirements management artifacts supporting development.
• Ensure logical and systematic conversion of stakeholder requirements into systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
• Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation, requirements decomposition, requirements traceability, and interface definition to translate customer requirements to system performance and design requirements.
• Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) Next Generation is a desired.
• A development program, and capturing design decisions into trade studies, architecture documents and requirements.
• Military systems, including missiles, sensors and their sub-systems, such as solid rocket motors, control actuation systems, navigation systems and similar.
• Ability to assess and evaluate historic work products such as white papers, project reports, case studies, etc. which influence the development of requirements and their associated artifacts
• Ability to use the results of analysis/trades to shape the architecture of the emerging System.
• Working with sub-contractors, and teams.
• Managing risk.
• Good communication skills, both written and oral.
Who We Are
<div style="text-align: justify;">At Lockheed Martin, veterans are at the center of everything we do — in fact, one in five of our employees has served in uniform. We are proud to help men and women like you successfully transition into civilian careers. Join us and you will find opportunities to take on the same kind of long-term challenging assignments you tackled while in the military.</div>