VLS Certified System Maintenance Technicians Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Bath, MD 21220, US
Field Engineer Sr
TEMPO: 5X8 - 5 days/wk 8 hrs/day (Flex & Rigid)
*These positions are contingent upon contract award and/or funding*
Selected candidates will be a members of the RMS VLS Field Sustainment Team and will participate in the installation, test, repair and support of a wide range of electronic equipment and systems. Although most work will be associated with VLS Systems, the opportunity to support other equipment/systems also exists. Candidates will be responsible for providing installation support of equipment including performing equipment modifications and upgrades; performing equipment/system repair; performing the assembly, integration and test of equipment/systems; and performing daily coordination and communication with management and designated team leads as well as other program and customer representatives (both internal and external to Lockheed Martin). The designated work locations will be the RMS Baltimore facility, Bath ME, and Pascagoula MS. Candidates based out for the Baltimore facility be willing to travel on an as-required basis to provide support onboard ships, other land based facilities, or internationally as necessary in support of U.S., Foreign Military and Direct Commercial Sales activities.
• Successful candidate is required to possess a current Certification Level of System Maintenance Technician in accordance with NAVSEA Standing Instruction 86-2D (or current standard).
• An active U.S. Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance.
• This position requires a high school degree and more than twenty (10) years of relevant experience, or a bachelor's degree in a relevant field and fifteen (5) years of relevant experience, or a master's degree in a relevant field and ten (3) years of relevant experience.
• AS or BS in electrical or mechanical engineering desired but not required.
• Experience in the installation and checkout of weapon systems onboard surface combatants during ship new construction or overhaul is also desired.