Welder A / Grand Prairie, TX Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
ESS0385 MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Missiles and Fire Control
Grand Prairie, TX 75051, US
4X10A- 4 10 hr days Mon-Thurs; Fr/Sa/Su off
- Perform a variety of duties to weld any parts or assemblies of ferrous and non-ferrous metals and their alloys by any required weld process, including acetylene and oxygen, inert-arc, arc, etc.
- Braze and solder as required.
- Do simple layouts and weld detail parts and small assemblies such as brackets, gussets, and tubing assemblies, and occasionally heavy assembly fixtures or jigs.
- Select tips or electrodes and welding wire for various gauges and sizes of metals to be welded IAW WPS’s or other pertinent documents.
- File and fit parts and make simple setups before welding as required.
- Operate robotic weld machines with oversight of higher labor grade welder.
- Must maintain weld certifications as required specific to current assignment.
- Assist higher labor grade welders as necessary. Keep machines and immediate work area clean and orderly. Refer any problems to “A” welder, Lead or Foreman.
- Must have weld certifications and have the ability to maintain certifications.
- Must be able to handle moderate physical activity.
- Must have at least one year welding experience.
Who We Are
At Lockheed Martin, veterans are at the center of everything we do — in fact, one in five of our employees has served in uniform. We are proud to help men and women like you successfully transition into civilian careers. Join us and you will find opportunities to take on the same kind of long-term challenging assignments you tackled while in the military.
Learn more at https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/military